This is a fantastic unit with excellent layout and views, however the unit itself desperately needs maintenance. Kitchen cupboads and utensils cleanliness was unacceptable. Personnel were all fantastic
- Also Known As:
- The Breede River Resort And Fishing Hotel Witsand
- The Breede River Resort And Fishing Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are situated in Witsand / Port Beaufort "THE" Whale nursery of South Africa on the Garden Route midway between Cape Town and Plettenberg Bay, on the unspoiled bank of the mighty Breede River. The water course is tidal and navigable for up to 40 km. The area is a mariner's dream both on the river and the sea. Angling features as the number one attraction with many record breaking catches over the years as will be seen on the Breede River Lodge Wall of Fame. Safe tranquil beaches for walking and swimming. Beautiful in the windless and mild winter days. The area is also renowned for all kinds of water sport, swimming, surfing, wind surfing, deep sea and river fishing, rock, boat and fly fishing, river cruises, canoeing, sailing, spear fishing and snorkeling. With all of this in mind the hotel endeavors to cater both for the local family traveler and the international traveler who would like to see a part of the real South Africa. Experience friendly village life that offers food for the soul and a place to simply relax and unwind. We are ideally situated on the Garden Route as a middle point and base from which to travel and experience the vast arrays of attractions available on this route. We look forward to welcoming you here at the Breede. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia and Priceline so you can book your The Breede River Resort and Fishing Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.