The shared room was small, but the ablutions (bi-sex) were very close. The kitchen was somewhat further. Parking was very, very limited on site and on the street. Access to my room required a steep climb on external steps and was a real burden when carting luggage. On the positive side, as the hostel was fairly high up a hill... More
- Also Known As:
- Hippo Lodge Backpackers Hotel Queenstown
- Hippo Lodge Backpackers Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden away on Queenstown hill our elevated site offers stunning lake and mountain views over Queenstown- and just minutes away from town, bars and food! Our backpacker hostel caters for travellers looking for a relaxing experience. We are the warmest, cosiest and friendliest hostel around. Comfy beds are made up with fresh linen in centrally heated rooms to keep you toasty. Facilities include an outside barbeque area, 24hr internet, cheap wireless (FREE wifi voucher upon checkin), dvds, and coin-op laundry. Tramping? Use our secure storage area for your excess stuff. Winter sports? Use our locked drying room for your gear and our centrally heated rooms to warm your toes after a day off piste! Enjoy making new friends over a hot cup of free tea or coffee. We are family friendly and wheelchair accessible. We are Queenstown’s best kept secret! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Agoda and HostelBookers so you can book your Hippo Lodge Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.