I have stayed at the Reyes Catolicos (in Spanish) many times, and each time I enjoy it more. It is very pricey, for sure, but not compared a good hotel in New York, for instance. And how often do you get to stay in the world's oldest continually-run hostelry, built by Ferdinand and Isabella for pilgrims and located in the... More
- Also Known As:
- Parador De Santiago De Compostela Hotel Santiago De Compostela
- Parador De Santiago De Compostela Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal Hospital, late 15th century pilgrim¿s hostelCombining history, art and tradition, the goal of pilgrims and the emblem of St. James, the Hostal dos Reis Católicos, in the Plaza do Obradoiro, forms together with the cathedral one of the world’s most remarkable, and most visited, urban settings. The Hostal, which first saw life as a Royal Hospital in 1499 to house the many pilgrims arriving in Santiago, today still invites the traveller to enjoy this universal and fascinating city. Considered the oldest hotel in the world, it is also one of the most luxurious and beautiful. It has four extremely beautiful cloisters, elegant public rooms, spectacular bedrooms and a luxurious dining room offering Galician style fish and meats and the classic apple filloa pies and crème brulee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Olotels, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Venere, Priceline and HotelsClick so you can book your Parador "Hostal Dos Reis Catolicos" reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.