Spent one night here after departing a cruise before continuing our vacation in France. A boutique hotel with slightly unusual and a little tired décor, but this is more than offset by the hotel's location on the Vieux port, the absolutely stunning view across the harbour and the Notre Dame de la Garde - especially at night. The other thing... More
- Also Known As:
- Residence Du Vieux Port Hotel Marseille
- Residence Du Vieux Port Marseille
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the quai of the old port of Marseille, you can hardly miss the shimmering, geometric gold-and-silver concrete facade of La Résidence du Vieux Port, so startlingly different from the traditional Provençal architecture surrounding it. The landmark hotel, built in 1954 by young architect André-Jacques Dunoyer de Segonzac, is a mix of Le Corbusier-inspired clean-line minimalism and a touch of snazzy Art Deco. Once a popular celebrity haunt—frequented by Orson Welles, François Truffaut, Yves Montand, Françoise Sagan. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Venere, Hotels.com, Splendia, Cheap Tickets, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Olotels, Otel, Priceline and HotelsClick so you can book your Residence du Vieux Port reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.