Good central Manchester location. The room was decent enough, but the bed and pillows were very hard. The staff while polite and quite efficient, had a slightly bemused expression as if they were not sure that they were doing the right thing. Breakfast was pricey at £14.95.
- Also Known As:
- The Portland By Thistle, Manchester Hotel
- The Portland By Thistle, Manchester Hotel Manchester
- Manchester Thistle Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Piccadilly Gardens in the heart of the city, we’re just five minutes’ walk form Picadilly Railway Station close to some great attractions, the Arndale Centre, China Town the Arena and Manchester central are all a short walk away. The Portland was one of Manchester's first hotels and has a modern feel. Just Gym with a plunge pool and Jacuzzi is available in the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity and HotelsClick so you can book your Thistle Manchester City Centre, The Portland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.