This is not a pub. There is no real beer. We booked one of the cottages which turned out to be too far away to walk to the main place where we had the tasting menu. We asked (not volunteered) for transport to & from the restaurant which was granted. The evening couldn't be faulted. Service was perfectly paced, wine... More
- Also Known As:
- The Marquis At Alkham Hotel
- The Marquis At Alkham Hotel Dover
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come on in. Take a look around. You might just be surprised. For while the Alkham Valley, indeed Alkham village itself, suggests genteel old England at its most rural and unspoiled, the Marquis itself is something else... It's a strikingly contemporary restaurant and hotel. The product of a major renovation in 2008, what was once the village's pub, The Marquis of Granby, has been utterly transformed. Space, light, fine furnishings and beautiful fabrics and the opportunity to fine tune every detail hasn't been missed. The restaurant is a revelation. Head Chef Charles Lakin's seasonally inspired and locally sourced menus are as fresh as they are imaginative, and the elegant 21st century styling is exceptional. Queen sized pocket sprung beds are swathed in the finest cotton. Sumptuous fabrics dress windows and chairs. And an eclectic collection of art completes the mood, the mix and the personality that makes this place unique. Boutique chic in the heart of the English countryside? You've found it. You've arrived. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Venere, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your The Marquis at Alkham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.