• Hike Time: 4:57:44
• Distance: 11.93 miles
• Average Pace: 24:58 /mile
• Fastest Pace: 13:00 /mile
• Ascent/Descent: 2544 feet
•... more » Calories: 1748
- Without the side loop, the Liberty Lake Loop is 8.5 miles. Count on 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
- Hiking the loop clockwise (opposite the direction of this guide), you reach the Cedar Grove with a warning sign that the trail is "primitive" beyond that point. Keep on going, it is a disclaimer sign geared toward the casual day walker/hiker. The trail is a regular hiking trail beyond that point. Its not suitable for people out for a stroll in the park, but perfect for hikers.
- If going early in the spring or late in the fall, when there is a chance of snow in the waterfall area, hike the loop clockwise (opposite the direction of this guide). The trail up to the waterfalls is steep, so in snow/ice conditions, it is better to be going uphill. Also, Diamond spikes or similar traction device for boots is recommended - along with a trekking pole. In snow/ice pack, continue to go up, the probability of injury increases exponentially trying to hike down steep ice covered inclines. less «