Immerse yourself in the history, wildlife, and countryside of Texas as you make your way from Mineral Wells to Weatherford on this 20 ... more »mile trail through time.
When it's freezing cold up north, this trail makes a nice winter-time escape. If you are a trail-lover, then you'll enjoy the flat terrain, peaceful surroundings, and well-spaced diversions along the trail.
Who will enjoy this trail?
- Bike riders who want to get in a 40 mile ride without risking life and limb on the highways.
- Hikers who want the solitude and serenity of a country trail.
- Vietnam veterans who want to stop off at the National Vietnam War Museum.
- Bird watchers who want to see an incredible variety of aviary delight from the pure white of the waterbirds near Sunshine Lake to the vibrant red and yellow birds that flit through the Texas underbrush.
- Historians who want to learn about the old, abandoned railroad, the Native American uprisings, and the days of Texas cattle/oil barons.
- Anyone who wants to get some exercise while viewing the Texas countryside.
Get away from it all on the Lake Mineral Wells State Trailway in the heart of the Lone Star State. less «